Cherry Barbs Stuck In Juwel Filter!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dunkal

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, I have a a 70 litre Juwel Rekord tank with 5 tetras and 6 cherry barbs and 2 ottos. Recently the cherry barbs have been getting into the filter through the Nozzle. They have been doing this on a daily basis and seems to be the same ones. Its a pain getting them back out of it cause i have to awitch everything off. Anyone got the same problems and know what the solution would be??
Thanks
Karl

Hi, I have a a 70 litre Juwel Rekord tank with 5 tetras and 6 cherry barbs and 2 ottos. Recently the cherry barbs have been getting into the filter through the Nozzle. They have been doing this on a daily basis and seems to be the same ones. Its a pain getting them back out of it cause i have to awitch everything off. Anyone got the same problems and know what the solution would be??
Thanks
Karl

my reedfish live in mine, but they come and go as they please.

obviously the only thing you can do is try to block the gap, not sure on what you'd use though

panthouse (stockings) could work to cover the filter intake.

plastic mesh, a bit like chicken wire but smaller holes but more of them, silicone it to the side and it should stay put and no fish could get in.

If they can get in, they can get out, the hiding in the filter is just a protection habit, I wouldnt bother worrying about them, if they are healthy and not going without food it is more bother than it is worth

Steve :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back