Cheebah Update

ReMz

Fish Herder
Reaction score
He's certainly living up to his second name "Firecracker". Hasn't stopped flaring at the corners of the tank. 6-8 hours of flaring like a banshee is just an introduction to his personality. He is certainly weary of the camera though..... so the best shots I could muster...

When he first came home:
dsc00980t.jpg

And 1 month in paradise:
dsc010604372421.jpg

Caught him BEING HIMSELF!!!! :p
dsc010644275566.jpg

dsc010234300987.jpg

Hello?
dsc010274311112.jpg

almost caught you flaring at me.......... fast little bugger
dsc010444321654.jpg

I'm king of my tank..... yup yup
dsc010454332419.jpg

My fins look feathery? you look feathery.... I'll eat you.
dsc010494353860.jpg

Loving his progression. He needs to lay off the caffeine though.

:shifty: :hyper: he certainly is one beautiful fish, and he looks as if he knows it! :good:

He is absolutely stunning :drool: Looks like he is dragon and possibly RT or even FT......you got yourself a real beauty there RemZ :good:

Oh. My. God. I barely recognised him, he is absolutely freaking amazing! I want! lol you've done a great job on his tank too, it looks great.

Thx for the comments to everyone that has posted. I'm pretty excited that his is 'showing' his progression in a healthy tank so well. He is certainly the most aggressive betta I have owned though....... pretty funny considering his small size still.

He is absolutely stunning :drool: Looks like he is dragon and possibly RT or even FT......you got yourself a real beauty there RemZ :good:
I'm not versed in the RT and FT varieties AT ALL. I can look at a photo and say that looks like a FT to me.... but i really have no expert basis. He seemed feathertail-ish to me.... but what do i know :rolleyes:

You think he has FT or RT genes in him? Not like it matters.... Hes mine and I love him to death :lol:

Oh. My. God. I barely recognised him, he is absolutely freaking amazing! I want! lol you've done a great job on his tank too, it looks great.
He's definitely changed :). I threw together an old 5 gallon with old gravel and a few random plants I bought from the fish store. He was a very random purchase...... I didn't even have a filter cycled for the tank and had to trim some filter media from another tank. I certainly was not expecting to walk into the house with a betta cup in hand :lol:

I would like to do a lot more with the tank.... but he seems to have grown attached to some of the decorations. ..... and if you say you like how the tank is decorated, I guess that's enough :D (that's already your opinion and Cheebah's opinion against mine).

Wow his fins have practically doubled in size! He is simply stunning. Its aazing what a bit of TLC can do to lend a healthy had :)
If only every first-time betta owner knew what constitutes a healthy betta. Proper care and TLC can bring the lowliest beta to the fullest.

All of the above - and his fins are all so nicely proportional!
Fabulous fish!
It's a lovely tank, too.

Edit: hope the laundry basket's safely locked up in the closet, lol, so it doesn't get this tank as well?

All of the above - and his fins are all so nicely proportional!
Fabulous fish!
It's a lovely tank, too.

Edit: hope the laundry basket's safely locked up in the closet, lol, so it doesn't get this tank as well?
Thx. .... I think he might be spying on some of these comments though..... most of my time spent on my laptop is is right next to his tank. He's been strutting around a bit too much :rolleyes:

He's safe and sound in a Plexiglas tank to ensure no bumbling mishaps result in a rude awakening :p. Let's hope anyways :blink:

I think Dodger hides more after I simply "upgraded" his old tank in the same "crash test" location. Poor guy probably feels outclassed at this point by the younger celebrity driving his once owned 'Ferrari of Tanks" :lol: Poor Dodger has the worst of luck.... he's had another major mishap since that "ReMz frolicking about destructively" freak of nature... thing.

When I read that line I covered my monitor in coffee laughing.

Beautiful fish.
At least someone got a laugh out of it. I know I did after he flared at me from across the room. I walked up to admire his "feathery-ness" and was greeted with even more feathery fury.

Later, when I was snapping pictures, he made a similar pose. Thus, the caption was born. :p..... while i laughed histarically at him

When I read that line I covered my monitor in coffee laughing.

Beautiful fish.
At least someone got a laugh out of it. I know I did after he flared at me from across the room. I walked up to admire his "feathery-ness" and was greeted with even more feathery fury.

Later, when I was snapping pictures, he made a similar pose. Thus, the caption was born. :p..... while i laughed histarically at him

I think if betta could articulate their thoughts that is exactly what would have been going through his head at the time.

For some reason when I look at my betta when he is angry I always imagine him having a glasgow accent.

Most reactions

Back