Checking in

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jimdogg187

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Jim. I've been helping my roomate run his tank for the past two years. Unfortunately for him, he had to move and the tank had to stay. I have inherited his whole set-up and have come to discover how much I enjoy keeping this aquarium. The past few months I've have been trying the get the aquarium to optimal water quality. I've invested in a whole new filtration system and added a protein skimmer. So far, eveything seems to be going well. What a great hobby this is! Anyways, nice to meet you all and greetings from Sacramento California!

Weeelllll, let's see. I have one huge red lion thats been with us for about two years. It's a beautiful fish. A Porcumpine puffer thats been in the tank for about eight months. What a character. It loves to take the food right out of my hand. 3 trigger fish. 1 niger, (likes to be the boss), 1 humu humu, very docile (the tank wimp) and 1 clown trigger (my favorite). They have been in the tank for about 1 month. And my latest purchase, a naso tang. He's a big daddy too. about 7 inches I belive. he's so big that my triggers are scared of him. I have some great local fish stores in my city. Some of the selections we get here are pretty amazing. And San Francisco is close. They have all type of great stuff down there. I've not yet decided if I would like to set-up a reef tank. Maybe in the future. But I really enjoy watching the fish only set-ups. Thats about it unless you would like to know more about my filtration. Jim.

Hi Jim and :hi:

You should take some pictures and post them,sounds like a nice tank you have there :thumbs:

Oh yeah, how could I forget. 1 zebra moray eel and one white speckled eel (very aggressive). The tank is 125 US gallons. :D

Welcome to the forums. That sounds like one hell of a tank setup, and how lucky you are to get it for free!

Jim if they are on your computer upload them then just paste the url n your post,or try the ''IMG'' feature if you have no were to upload them to ask and I'll give you a url :thumbs:

Here you are jim ,just find the picture on your comp,upload it and paste it in your post . :thumbs:

I'm sorry. I guess I don't understand :no: I'll talk with my one of my friends later and see it i can up load them to his server. :) I'll see If I can post them in this thread later today. jim

Most reactions

Back