Cheap Wine That Tastes Good....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

La Cala....a white wine from Sardinia.....fruity, slight effervescene...about $10 a bottle. We finish it each time. Try it. SH

We like the whites from Valckenberg, especially the Riesling. its not as cheap as most of what you listed, but its under $15! :lol:

In my early college days I would drink Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill (apple wine) with my friends because it was cheap and it had the highest alcohol content for the brand. Now, whenever someone has a party, it's traditional for the host to have a few ($2.99) chilled bottles to pass. :D

I love how in the Wikipedia Boone's Farm article, Bum wine is listed under "See also". :lol:

:good: :good: :good:

Call me cheap, but I most wine I buy is under £5.00. I especially like Babycham and Cherry Lambrini!!! £1.99 for a jumbo bottle :drool:

£15.00 for a bottle of wine? Whoooooooooooooooooooooh :S

Call me cheap, but I most wine I buy is under £5.00. I especially like Babycham and Cherry Lambrini!!! £1.99 for a jumbo bottle :drool:

£15.00 for a bottle of wine? Whoooooooooooooooooooooh :S

If you like sweet wine the cheaper stuff is ok, the sweetness hides a multitude of sins. Bit like cheap white wine and soda in the summer. For dry wine (esp reds) its hard to find a cheaper one that doesn't taste horrid about tens minutes after you have drunk some.

good comprimise is a good bottle to start with then a bottle of cheap and cheerfull :)

Try making your own wine. Very enjoyable hobby and the product quality can be very high depending on the cost of the kit and the type of kit that you buy. Not an expensive hobby, relatively speaking, and is very gratifying when you produce a wine that is better than the average 10 to 15 quid purchased wine.
Vic

As long as its not them really cheap fizzy sweet wines will drink anything.
Red wine goes to my head more than white wine.

:lol: remember, 15 dollars is only about 7 pounds ;) we bought some more Valkenberg last night for $11, so it's cheaper than i remembered.

--EDIT--
well, shoot. i was going to link the website, but it appears to no longer belong to the company...

not so big on red wine.

i like white and i mostly buy Black Tower and whatever Hardys is on offer hehe. i'm cheap, i'm reluctant to spend more than £5 on plonk.

If you likea smooth red with a big hint of vinilla then try Yellow Tail from Oz......about £6

For a medium body, fruity and spicy red - Fitou - Mont Tauch around £4.99 from Waitrose.

Also by the same group - but on the more expensive side at around £8.99 is Les Quartre - very berry, a little oaky and nice and spicy :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back