Channa Bleheri

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mr130gallon

Fish Addict
Reaction score
ok, i want to get a rainbow snakehead, and currently i have a ~17 gallon aquarium, its 29.5"x12"x12", channa bleheri grows 8" long, im assuming ill need another tank, but how long could i keep the channa in the 17 gallon? or is it good enough how it is.

not to sure on this i have sp assam in a 125L for 4 months now but sure nelly or dave be on to tell u what is what. but watch out i thought i had channa bleheri but ended up haveing sp assam thanks jason

ok, ill make sure i get bleheri. and im waiting for nelly or dave to notice this lol

do the sp. assam grow bigger? if they end up the same size i dont mind if i gt them accidently

i think there smaller mine r only young at the min and i dont see them out growing my tank
DSC00269.jpg

there my little boys

oooh they look nice, the pictures i see make me not be able to wait the 2-3 weeks ill have to wait for the fish to be ordered in!

Get channa orientalis they would fit in there for life with good filteration. obviously you dont want alot in there due to the size of the tank but you get a group , get a pair and then sell the rest. Channa orientals get to like 4inch normally.

i was going to get c. orientalis, but my the only lfs that i know about that stocks snakeheads only does rainbows.

and ill be most likely be buying a 37 gallon now, because i can get it with plants for a max of 150$ hopefully less, do snakeheads like plants?

the dimensions of the 37 gallon is 32"x15"x15" would that be good for a 8" channa?

yer it sounds ok i would do i think there r 6 orientalis for sale on here. yer they all need plants i am just havin trouble getin hold of good plants at the min, so mine is not planted up right at the min but they r doin ok. i will pm u a site wont let me put it on here thanks jason

assams are smaller than bleheri, assams were originally thought to max at around 4" but mine and others maxed out at around 6", and the bleheri max's at around 8" you will have to either keep a single fish, or a group of about 6. if you could get a bonded pair of assams or bleheri they would probably be ok in your tank but it wouldn't be big enough for a group, well, not bleheri anyway. you would probably get away with a group of assams until you got a pair or as simonas said, orientalis are even smaller and can be very good looking fish. the ones on sale on here are ornatipinnis, which can get bigger then the mentioned ones here.

depends whether you mean 17 us gallons which is 65 litres or 17 uk gallons which is about 75 litres, obviously the bigger the better. you might get away with it with a good external filter if you could get a bonded pair of orientalis or assams but not a group, even then you'd be pushing it. you'd be better with at least 30"x12"x12" at least, or to make it easier you would be good with a minimum of 100-125 litres as a minimum to have a group of 6 with the intentions of keeping a pair for life.

ok, its US gallons, and i have a 17 gallon, but ill probably be buying a full setup for a 37 gallon, 32x15x15, for 130$ so how many could go in there?

oh, btw ill probably be getting c. bleheri, not assams or orientalis

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back