Changing My Bettas Tank

kingmed

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Yesterday I cleaned out my daughters male bettas tank, (it's her betta but I think I've adopted it as a son due to my daughter being 7) yesterday and had a time catching Angel. He would be swimming on top of the water and when I swooped in to scoop him up he'd make a mad dash to the bottom and then when I took the cup out he'd dash back up again like it was some sort of a game, boy he sure is quick. However after 5 or 6 tries I finally got him but it was kind of funny watching him do it, almost as if he was daring me to try to catch him. I figured after all that he'd be stressed but after the tank change he was his regular perky self, bettas are funny.

I have to say, I am amazed at the amount of personality some fish have. I feel more protective over my fish than my cat!!! Some of them (mainly those that I only have 1 of, as I can't tell the groups apart lol) are full of beans, my betta being one of them, he recognises me already, it's crazy!! :wub:

When I scoop up my betta for water changes I either get him first time, or after about 5 or 6 goes. Basically, if I fail the first time he gets wise to what's happening. I end up almost playing a game with him, having the tub half in the water, but pretending I'm not looking at him until he relaxes enough for me to catch him when he doesnt expect it. Bettas are definately very personable fish. One of the things I love about mine is that if my boyfriend goes near the tank he flares at him, but he very rarely flares at me.

Most reactions

Back