Changing From Gravel To Sand

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I know it's too late now but you could have used your fry tank (had it been empty) as a means of refilling the tank after you'd sanded it, pouring the water into the aquarium via the vented sides of the fry tank softens the waters disturbance and severely reduced clouded up water, Oh and I had great success using a "pound shop" small dustpan and brush to remove old gravel and sand from the bottom of the just incase you fancy a change anytime in the future.

KirkyArcher said:
I know it's too late now but you could have used your fry tank (had it been empty) as a means of refilling the tank after you'd sanded it, pouring the water into the aquarium via the vented sides of the fry tank softens the waters disturbance and severely reduced clouded up water, Oh and I had great success using a "pound shop" small dustpan and brush to remove old gravel and sand from the bottom of the just incase you fancy a change anytime in the future.

This is what my friend suggested I do-dustpan lol. I used 2L and 5L bottles and a bucket. I have put back more than 50% of the water I took out. The PH is still spot on-between 6.4 and 6.6 like before I started-phew!

Before:
photo65_zps5d02f0fa.jpg

After:
89411dff-b208-4e9d-9683-42638f3e247d_zps35693fb2.jpg

Still a bit cloudy but you get the point, more room for the cories to dig around.

Have you had any problems with your water stats since you changed your substrate?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back