Chalceus

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
I got these from seapets today, not too shabby!!

IMG_0824s.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0829.JPG

IMG_0830.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG

IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

IMG_0834.JPG

there we go, in the last few pics he was gobbling down a canivore pellet, tosing it around!.

They look so cute when they're that small.

I think I have to have them. I love their relentless appetite. Mine are always the first in the tank andusually within 2 minutes they are gut full from eating everything they can.

I love the belly on them already. You should give them some river shrimp. It's fantastic to watch.

One piece of advice is to keep the tank covered. Whenever the lights go off in my tank one of them does his best to escape by jumping out.

The price you paid was about the same as we paid for ours at slightly larger, so I don't know if you did bad or we did well.

It's hard to tell from the pictures and the young size but I'm guessing you've got one each of C. erythrurus and C. macrolepidotus. The third picture down appears to show the golden anal and pelvic fins of C. erythrurus and you mentioned in PM that one has a red tail and one pink. I've noticed that my C. macrolepidotus has a fainter pinker tail and no golden fins as opposed to the other two.

The below photo has all three of ours lined up.

1002228.jpg

If you look carefully you can see the different fin colours (the macro is in the middle)

Great pics.

Andy

WoW they are stunning ! So how big do these fishies get then ? :unsure:

Those are so cool. I would like to have me some of them I didnt know that they were so pretty. Awsome fish :drool: :kewlpics:

The fish max out at around 10" and are somewhat nervey predators (will run from anything unless they can eat it, in which case they will devour with pleasure). Here is one of our C. erythrurus at around the 4-5" mark:

1002634.jpg

Should have added that in the above picture you cans see the more pointed snout of the C. macrolepidotus.

Andy

heh they would of had some river shrimp but aparently swallows didn't have any unless they couldn't be bothered as it was almost closing time.

I'm surprised they had bellys that big really, maybe they'ved been snaking on the black phantoms they were in with.

yeh it's a well covered tank with quite a low water line in comparison.

I guess we both did OK then on price, Seapets aren't usually too bad on pricing.

I'll have a another look at them when i go and feed for colours, but i reakon there is 1 of each unless 1 is still bringing it's colours through.

get to 25cm :)

They are a fish that really can pack the food away. It's quite funny to watch them eat so much their bellies swell massively and they still try and eat but have to stop mid chew as if thinking "Now where I can I put this?".

They are beutiful fish, it's a shame I don't have anywhere to put them though :byebye:

Just been down for a better look and there now exactly the same being C. erythrurus

oh damn, I should take a picture of Bob our till mascot at work see how many replies i get for that.

They look prehistoric. I don't know if thats good or bad ;)

I like them though. Big tank requirement?

I'd say a big tank is required. They grow past 10" and I've found them way more skittish than my bala sharks.

Hopefully these two will join my existing three in my 6x2x2 tank.

I wouldn't put them in anything less than a 6x18x18.

Most reactions

Back