Centrepiece Fish Suggestions

sheree

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Nottingham, UK
I have a 180l community tank and fancy another centrepiece fish. I want a fish which is a mid-top swimming fish. I currently have a boosemani rainbow but fancy another larger fish to accompany my tetras and rasboras. I have loaches and cories and feel I have enough bottom dwellers.

I was thinking maybe a pearl gourami? are they ok on their own or are these better in pairs? will they cause trouble with my boosemani rainbow though she is quite peaceful she is very used to having the top of the tank to herself. She has had a gold gourami for company before but not for some years now. And she is getting on a bit so I didn't want to hassle her with a male boosemani.

Do you think a pearl will be ok? or another suggestions would be appreciated.
 
rainbowfish are schooling fish and do best in groups. You could add a couple of males and another female boesemani and they should all hang out together. Try to get smaller males as they are pretty boisterous towards females. Boesemani rainbows can live for 10years.

Pearl & snakeskin gouramis would also be ok but it depends on what tetras are in the tank. Big gouramis might eat small tetras like neons. If you buy juvenile gouramis and grow them up with the tetras they will be less likely to eat them.
Male pearl gouramis are more colourful than females but also a bit more agro. However, pearl gouramis are pretty peaceful.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top