Celebes Rainbowfish Marosatherina Ladigesi

iliveinazoo

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I've read that the Celebes Rainbowfish can be kept in a Brackish Aquarium; has anybody kept these fish before?

Sorry I have not but thought this might help a little, at least until someone can give you a more in depth answer :)

"This rainbowfish is ideally suited to a heavily planted setup and will show its best colours in such surroundings. The use of floating plants to dim the light a little is also recommended. Allow open spaces between areas of planting to provide swimming space and areas for males to display at one another. High water quality is essential to the well-being of this species, so weekly partial water changes are recommended. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t require the addition of salt to its water, although it can tolerate mildly brackish conditions." - Taken from HERE.

Many Thanks,  I was thinking about getting a larger tank and would be keeping around 6-10 of them in a planted 200 litre with Bumblebee Gobies and my Figure 8.  The salinity would be around SG1.003.

It may be a risk with a figure 8 but he does seem very docile and has tolerated tank mates very well in the past...  famous last words...

Most reactions

Back