Carpet advice for 46g Bowfront tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jonatheber

Reaction score
I just redid my tank last weekend by yanking out the gravel and putting in black diamond sand. I have some established plants in the back, but have bought some others that are just getting started (e.g. rotalla). I also put some Vesicularia on the driftwood on the right using thread and hope it takes hold.

Basically, I'm looking to try to get some carpet started in the foreground. I'm hoping that the plant will be fairly short on its own so I don't have to spend too much time trimming it down. I would very much appreciate some suggestions!

Some particulars of the 46g bowfront tank:
1) I am pushing CO2.
2) Fluval 3.0 light basically set at 70% for everything but the blue (which is down around 30%) for about 6 hours a day. I just moved those up from 65% and about 5 hours a day.... I have had some problems with hair algae in the past so might need to turn it down again.
3) Water temperature around 78 degrees
4) I use root tabs and dose the water with NilocG Thrive all-in-one
5) The fluval is about 18" from the sand at the front, sloping to about 16" away in the middle of the tank.

PS The bubbles are the CO2, and I need to use my scraper to clean off the glass a bit.
PPS Any suggestions about any changes to the light that would help control the algae and be enough light for the plants would be appreciated as well!

Attachments

• Tank 4-3-22.jpg
    Tank 4-3-22.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 33

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back