Card Fraud

jmkgreen

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
474
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Sutton, Cambs
So anyone else recently had their credit card declined at a pet store?

I ask because I bought a new tank over the phone this week. Twice card declined. Within two minutes the bank were calling me. Now it all turned out fine and they let me authorise the transaction but when I asked precisely why this was all happening I was told there is currently a high rate of fraudulent transactions at pet stores specifically.

When I come to buying the next bits (£££s of worth of filtration) I'm told to expect the same call.
 
Alot of credit card companies do this randomly, whatever you are buying.

If a large transaction goes through which is out of the ordinary, the credit card company just like to check that it is indeed you spending on the card rather than somebody else using the card fraudulantly.

Quite annoying but good in some ways to help prevent fraud.

Andy
 

Most reactions

Back
Top