can't ID my apple snails

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

muse

Reaction score
Could i possibly have pomacea canaliculata not eating my plants? I've searched all sites (including applesnail.net) but couldn't deside wether they are pomacea bridgesi or canaliculata. :/ They look more like canas but won't eat my plants. By the way they left me 4 clutches of eggs in 7 days :blink:

Bridgesi has the breathing tube on the left of it's head, the others have it on the right. I typed Apple Snail into google and got to a very informative site. Can't remember the address, might be the one you mentioned. I identified my snail from the site I went to through google.Mine doesn't eat the plants.

Canas def eat your plants, so i reckon they are brigs, got any pics,
i have a few which are debatable, some brigs will nibble certain plants, but a cana will empty your planted tank, what size is it, brigs get on bigger than golf bowls,
canas are more like tennis ball size, hense their appetites. di

Thank you all for your help. My snails are almost golf-ball size. When i find out how i'll post some pics :/

to post pics you the [img quotes, and post the url, they sound like brigs if they are fully grown, thats about six months old and kept in optimum conditions, however cannas will grow beyond that by the age of six months. di

OK i'll take some tomorrow and try to post them.

Its the right angles on the spirals you need to look for, look at rains pinned post above. Easy to see if you have both, not so easy when you don't. IME bridgisii's dont touch plants at all, the others concentrate on them.

Morgan. The edit button is there so you don't need to double, triple post :p

Jon

SOunds like you and I need to trade snails. :lol: I bought a canaliculata labeled as bridgesii.. I got it home and it has wreaked havoc on my plants!!! I am at a loss at to what to do with it, except take it back to the store...

Sorry about that jflowers. I am not good on computers, I am afraid I don't know what you mean. :)

morgan said:
Sorry about that jflowers. I am not good on computers, I am afraid I don't know what you mean. :)
Look at the top right on any posts that you have made, it allows you to add to or, change your own posts. Wasn't having a go, just pointing it out :D

Jon

After trying for 3 days i'll try once more to post some pics

77.jpg
[/IMG]

74.jpg
[/IMG]

003.jpg
[/IMG]

Most reactions

Back