Can't Get The Cartridge Out Of Filter

MewMew42

Fish Herder
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
1,420
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Manchester UK
as im cleaning my filter as the flow was deteriorating i can't mangage to get the catridges out with the sponges in

I've managed to get them out before but now they seem jammed in

all you need to do is pull the bottom out, ive gotten the top bit off....

its a fluval 3+ can anyone help? =[
 
as im cleaning my filter as the flow was deteriorating i can't mangage to get the catridges out with the sponges in

I've managed to get them out before but now they seem jammed in

all you need to do is pull the bottom out, ive gotten the top bit off....

its a fluval 3+ can anyone help? =[

Yeah the bottom should just slide out, although they are difficult if you haven't clenaed it in a while. tap it on the table and wiggle it a bit :)
 
as im cleaning my filter as the flow was deteriorating i can't mangage to get the catridges out with the sponges in

I've managed to get them out before but now they seem jammed in

all you need to do is pull the bottom out, ive gotten the top bit off....

its a fluval 3+ can anyone help? =[

Yeah the bottom should just slide out, although they are difficult if you haven't clenaed it in a while. tap it on the table and wiggle it a bit :)


thanks ill give it a go!

i regret not cleaning it for a few weeks thats for sure!
 
just keep pulling they do get rather stiff sometimes a few taps would also help as said
 
You can use anything you can get your hands on, I've got a 4+ which I can never open due to sand, end up using a combo of teeth and a screwdriver.
 
teeth nice lol well if its good enough for u must be good enough for the fishes lol
 
At the top of the cartridge, you can see through the small hole to the inner cartridge. You should be able to push something like a screwdriver through there to force it out from the top.
That's what I have to do with my rather knackered 2+, anyway.
 
Mine does!

I rather stupidly tried to sterilise it once using boiling water. It warped the casing, and it has never fitted together properly since.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top