Canister Filter

Tetratec are good, and as with any exturnal, they are flexible in media. I wouldn't leave one to run a piranah tank though they are messy fish :nod: Either get two Tetratec EX1200's on there, or one Eheim 2080. The 2080 is the mother of all filters, but retails arround £200 on-line delivered. Two tetratec EX1200's will set you back about £160 delivered. Both come with everything needed. Eheim are most recomended on here, but I have had issues with them (Ecco range). Tetratec I have found good, but have only been on the market 3 years, so are the unknown brand.

general consensus

If you have the cash, go Eheim
If on a budget, go tetratec

my recomendation

Tetratec for me :nod:

The long and short is, take your pic. Fluval have a poor reputation, everyone else are about as good as the next, the Tetratecs have the second best reputation and Eheim have the best overall :good:

Avoid Fluval. They are unreliable, and I have found them a royal pain in the !?$ to work on...







s**t!!!! glad i read this thread cos the tank i am getting comes with fluval305 ext filter origional plan was to get a tank and buy a tetratec filter then saw tank with fluval and was gonna set it up with this but now i think i will be going tetratec after all....... specially as i eventually hope to end up keeping discus
 

Most reactions

Back
Top