Can You Feed Tropical Fish Cheerios?

sbga

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I know you can feed koi cheerios and even honey nut cheerios, is it alright to feed to tropical fish like rosy barbs?
 
I wouldn’t. I would just stick to fish food. Cereal is not meant for fish. It could pollute the water.
 
I know you can feed koi cheerios and even honey nut cheerios, is it alright to feed to tropical fish like rosy barbs?

There is only one way to find the answer to your question, give it a try, I give mine live garden worms and they absalutely love em, never had a problem yet. :good:
 
There is only one way to find the answer to your question, give it a try, I give mine live garden worms and they absalutely love em, never had a problem yet. :good:
[/quote]



I used to give my Cichlids Garden worms> great fun to watch, however that tank ended up with a snail infestation and I assume it came in with the worms.. ( just a note of caution) Wash them thoroughly!
 
Simple answer is that it's unlikely to do any harm whatsoever on a one-off basis.

However like others I wouldn't recommend it. Check the ingredients, while all those odd chemicals and sugars have been tested and are safe for us, how often does a fish encounter them in their diet in the wild, how sure can you be that their system will cope with it?

I wouldn't even consider it as a once-a-week 'treat', it will have basically none of the nutrition the fish need and I can think of dozens of loads of other stuff the fish would rather have, your rarely going to be short of options for fish food.


I have a question for you though, why would you want to? -_-

I guess it could be funny to watch...but that's about it :fun: .
 

Most reactions

Back
Top