Can We Talk Like Adults, Please?

Paradise3

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I will try one more time and if this topic get's reported for no reason or it gets deleted for no reason then i will just leave the forum and ask for my account to be deleted. I would like to know what size cage i would have to have for 4 budgies of mixed sexes in? I would have an outside aviary but we have a balcony not a garden. I don't want to be yelled at and i don't want to leave this forum but if people keep having a go at me for no reason i will be forced to leave.
I will get rid of the "stupid font" but i will have my writing italic and bold as i always have.

Missy x.

for four you will need quite a big cage. They need to have enough room for flying and climbing, and enough room to have their own space.

Would you plan on breeding them? because if so you would need a cage big enough to add nest boxes too.

Im trying to find some examples online. There is a really tall cage that is good for smaller birds. I can't remember the name of it though. It has a pointed roof and reminds me of a house

you need a cage thats about 24" high 24" deep 40" wide thats a minimum size as with any caged animal bigger is always better

whats the egg for ?

Oh the eggs just dragon cave and i would like it to survive this time. That cage size sounds similar to the size cage we used to have.

Missy x.

i was thinking of the Ferplast cages
http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/new-ferplast-nota-aviary-cage.html

but they are rather expensive (worth it though!). you may be able to find second hand ones on the internet or local ads

I don't really like the design of them and was thinking of an equally tall as it is wide cage for example, if the cage is 24" front to back and 40" side to side it would need to be 40" top to bottom.

Missy x.

I don't really like the design of them and was thinking of an equally tall as it is wide cage for example, if the cage is 24" front to back and 40" side to side it would need to be 40" top to bottom.

Missy x.
yeah that would be fine with budgies its more important for the cage to be longer rather than tall but if its long and tall well thats just a bonus for the birds lol

Ok well that me saving up for a couple of years :lol:

Missy x.

you could pick 1 up off ebay or have a look on freecycle someone in your area may be getting rid of 1 for free its amazing the things you can pick up on there

I'll ask my mum to have a look for me.

Missy x.

you should check out preloved aswell, they may have some. We have three cockatiels in the ferplast cage at college and another one full of zebra finch and they do alright. A flight cage sounds like what your after though

If you want two pairs and plan to breed them you will need a cage big enough for at least four nest boxes they like to choose and if one pair holds the best box the other pair will fight with them and even throw chicks and eggs out to try to gain occupancy. Eggs that dont hatch can be dead in the shell due to humidity problems unconditioned parent birds poor diet or just weak chicks

scot

I would like 2 pairs so i will get 4 nest boxes, but they won't necessarily be in a line so i will space them out so they should be OK. I was looking for 1 blue male because it would look like my old one who was called Jamie. I will see what other colour forms i can find. I saw a really nice white one yesterday along with a yellow one and a blue one.

Missy x.

What happened to the thread before this? I commented on it but cant find it now.

and if you are going to breed you will need a cage bigger than for 4 birds, because you will end up with much more. Maybe you should just get 1 pair and breed them? Sounds like the cage required for 4 birds and all their offspring would be way too big to fit in an average flat.

When I had chickens I asked a family friend to keep them on her smallholding. Could you do something similar with a friends garden or something?

My mum and me have agreed i'll get 2 birds 1m 1f and breed them instead. The old thread is now gone because an MOD moved it to the MODS junk or something like that because i got reported.

Missy x.

Most reactions

Back