The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TylerFerretLord

g͝e͠ek҉
Reaction score
Right now, when you wrap something is spoiler tags, you get this:
secret texts here
. It just makes the font and the font background the same color, effectively making it unreadable unless you highlight it, but it only hides text.

Can the current board system have the other kind of spoiler tag that hides everything it wraps, such as images? I've seen it on other forums in the form of a box with a button, and when you click the button it shows the spoilers.
spoilertagqi5.jpg

Like that.

Sorry for the bad explanation. :lol:

I've even found a tutorial for it, here.

I don't even know what a spoiler tag is and don't think I've ever seen anything like that on here (although I guess I wouldn't know it if I saw it).

I don't even know what a spoiler tag is and don't think I've ever seen anything like that on here (although I guess I wouldn't know it if I saw it).
[*spoiler]Secret text.[/*spoiler]. Makes it into this:
Secret text.

I dont see what the point is on a fish forum..
Hiding long masses of images to prevent the stretching of the page, putting information in your sig that would otherwise not fit, etc. The fact that this is a fish forum is irrelevant, it's a useful feature on any forum.

I see what you're saying now but don't think I've ever seen that in the 4 years I've been a member here. What would be the purpose of someone using it?

Nice idea in principle.
My initial thoughts would mean it would sort of eleviate long pic threads as you say and members using quotes which include the same pics.(repetitive) Thus not stretching the page.
It would cause the Moderators a little more work opening all those "Spoilers" to make sure nothing untoward is going on.
Which is why it probably wont get off the ground. IMHO
I'd say we need to look into this a little more.
But good post all the same
Regards
BigC

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back