Can Telanthera Cardinalis Tolerate Straight Co2?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CoryLover95

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,
I have some common green hardy plants in my fish tank (can't remember the exact names at present :p ) and just added some Telanthera Cardinalis.  I regularly dose my aquarium with liquid CO2.  Can the new plant handle this?  Should I ramp up slowly?
Thanks,
CoryLover95

Very nice looking plant and yes they should be five with liquid co2 expect some melting but it should bounce back but it's up to you if you want to slowly increase liquid co2 start with 1/3 dose for a week then 2/3 then on the 3rd week dose full should help if needs hope this plant grows if its the one I think being red will need lots of light but should grow well :) got any pics of it?

Thanks Zikofski for the prompt response
smile.png

Yep, you're thinking of the right one!  Good to know it's a good grower because these plants are like 1 1/2" high!  LOL...but here are some pics
biggrin.png

Oh, and I do have a good lighting system and the plants aren't too crowded so it should get lots of light.

Attachments

• phpBn8l6LPM.jpg
    phpBn8l6LPM.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 71
  • phpEEUlPtPM.jpg
    phpEEUlPtPM.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 104
  • phpQKhKoHPM.jpg
    phpQKhKoHPM.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 69
aw wow very nice may haft to get some myself if i haven't got some in my tank already :)

CoryLover95 said:
Hi,
I have some common green hardy plants in my fish tank (can't remember the exact names at present
tongue2.gif
) and just added some Telanthera Cardinalis.  I regularly dose my aquarium with liquid CO2.  Can the new plant handle this?  Should I ramp up slowly?
Thanks,
CoryLover95

Hello, 

You do not need to lower the amount of liquid Co2 you are dosing when you add new plants, your new plants will be fine and will appreciate the liquid Co2.

Dan

Most reactions

trending

Back