Can Somone Please Help Me And Tell Me If My Bristlenose Has Bloat?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

cjb140

Reaction score
My fish has had a belly like that for a few days now and im unsure as to whether its bloat or maybe something else> any help would be much appreciated

It does look bloated.

Standard questions; how big is the tank and is it cycled? What are your water stats like?

For the moment, I'd be inclined to do a very large water change (do the testing first though ;) ) and not feed for two or three days (along with a few extra water changes, if you can) and see if it improves.

i dont currently have a testing kit been meaning to get one but everytime im out it slips my mind. Its 120 litres roughly. Had 2 and a half week fishless cycle with just plants in and its been running now for a month and a half but the other fish seem fine

Were you adding ammonia during the fishless cycle, or did you just let the tank run?

How long has the BN been in there?

yes i was adding ammonia top the tank whilst it hads no fish in the bristlenose has been in there about 2 weeks along with 2 other bristlenose. I also have a betta 3 gold barb and 3 cherry barb which i found out after buying them wasnt enough so will be buying more soon to rectify the fact that they are schooling fish and need more company

Ok.

Go with my first advice, on the extra water changes and stopping feeding.

If it hasn't improved in a day or two, I would think about a course of anti internal bacteria medicine; I always use Myxazin.

right thank you very much for your time and advice much appreciated

You're welcome; I hope he/she gets better.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back