Can someone tell me what plant this is?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Bryan

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I used to have a plant in my tanks back 20 years ago. Now that I'm back into this I wanted to make the same tanks I used to have but I can't find this plant. It grows fast and can tollerat many conditions, I have not ever found a more hardy plant for filling the tank.

The leaves grow alternat, about 1" to 1 1/2" apart. The plant is green, no other color, a nice rich green. The leaves on top are the same size as the ones on the bottom. I can't draw, but I tried.....
plant-drawing.jpg

It grows like this plant, but the leaves are narrow, not round like the ones in this picture
plant.jpg

When this plant would rach the top of tank i would cut it in half and plant the cut part. 2 bundles could fill a 55 gallon tank in a few months.

PART 2:
Where can i buy plants online?

Hygrophila corymbosa maybe. Difficult, that describes a lot of plants really. Aquarium Plant is quite popular with US side members, but I don't know if they ship to Hawaii. You may be better off searching the web for a more local supplier. Browse the sticky for other US side mail order places.

Thanx for your response.....
Local really stink, these people here don't know how to make a good tank. There's one store that has a little selection, but they don't know what there doing, and they only have a few plants.
I really need a place to order fish and plants if, I'll try the link you gave me and if anyone else knows any reputable places to buy online I'd be thankful

Most reactions

Back