Can Multiple Tank Syndrome be treated in its early stages?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

One of us, one of us, one of us!

I'm 37, currently at 18 tanks.

I try to have a plan before I start a new one, the problem is that I'm really good at planning...
I need to do a lot of more fundamental things before I can start planning more. Like.... new boiler, board out loft, totally destroy and rebuild downstairs of house, create new kitchen and lounge/diner. Rip out existing kitchen and create a bedroom, new bathrooms, new carpet and totally redecorate. I'm hoping this will hold me back.... have no spare room in my lounge now and that's the only room that wont be totally messed up with all this ha ha!!

Same here but not to your extent, my husband keeps me on a leash ? if he didn't I'm sure I'd have tanks all over the house! Currently have 2 set up, there's a nano cube in the garage that I'm itching to get a betta in but I accidently bought a 240l for the lounge yesterday ?? hope he doesn't divorce me!

Same here but not to your extent, my husband keeps me on a leash ? if he didn't I'm sure I'd have tanks all over the house! Currently have 2 set up, there's a nano cube in the garage that I'm itching to get a betta in but I accidently bought a 240l for the lounge yesterday ?? hope he doesn't divorce me!
Luckily for me I got rid of the bloke before getting the fish ha ha!

INTERVENTION!
It's a great hobby, although I almost hesitate to call fishkeeping a hobby. We have a dog. My daughter has a couple of rabbits and a Ginnie Pig, but they're not hobbies.
Anyway, it's really fun at first, but as one tank leads to another, then another, even when you find the most efficient methods, you can become a slave to the hobby....partial water changes, plant trimming, filter cleaning, live food cultures, join a fish club, create a tropical fish website, on and on... almost always something to do or could be done.
Now I still like it as it's become second nature, but I'm not sure I love it...And I'm not looking for another tank even if I had a spot for it. So for me at least, MTS ran it's course but is now in remission. :) :) :)

INTERVENTION!
It's a great hobby, although I almost hesitate to call fishkeeping a hobby. We have a dog. My daughter has a couple of rabbits and a Ginnie Pig, but they're not hobbies.
Anyway, it's really fun at first, but as one tank leads to another, then another, even when you find the most efficient methods, you can become a slave to the hobby....partial water changes, plant trimming, filter cleaning, live food cultures, join a fish club, create a tropical fish website, on and on... almost always something to do or could be done.
Now I still like it as it's become second nature, but I'm not sure I love it...And I'm not looking for another tank even if I had a spot for it. So for me at least, MTS ran it's course but is now in remission. :) :) :)
Then there's nothing for it but to ride it out!

Well, as someone who has exhausted their electric sockets and output capacity, (old building),
and had to put some in the community kitchen and community bathroom, I would suggest getting a second job and looking at renting another apartment.

??????
Just sayin'

As you all know MTS not only for fish tanks right .. it could be lighting, heaters , fish foods , filters and all other accessories that can multiple in your collections.

The best cure for all these MTS is when you run out of dough to buy them ... well didnt want to paint the ugly pictures especially in this Pandemic times but yes MTS can be cured when you are being cut off from financial side of it.
And that can be an abrupt stopped.

I have had a high of 130 tanks,
I now have a total of 75 tanks ,9. 36”x12”, 27. 24" x12", 26. 18" x12", and 13. 12”x12” I think I've got M.T.S. under control but for me there is there definitely no cure

Hmm simple cut the spendings and save it to buy Porsche 911 or Koenigsegg sports car.

Pretty sure they wont be any next tank to be bough or install just sayings.

99C7661E-48E0-4DC4-8F15-0702C35715CE.png

—-

Best advice for preventing MTS: Don’t get into fishkeeping... :rofl:

There isn't an early stage of MTS.
It struck or it didn't. As soon as it did there isn't treatment, rehab, therapy etc...
It is a lifetime sentence and a bit of understanding of the people around our poor souls would be welcome (But the lack of that is one of the symptoms of MTS as well.

There isn't an early stage of MTS.
It struck or it didn't. As soon as it did there isn't treatment, rehab, therapy etc...
It is a lifetime sentence and a bit of understanding of the people around our poor souls would be welcome (But the lack of that is one of the symptoms of MTS as well.
Still a stigma in the eyes of society.
Public education necessary !

Most reactions

Back