Can Multiple Tank Syndrome be treated in its early stages?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I work in the health insurance space and I can tell you that it cannot be cured. Though, it is the only disease that you enjoy as it progresses.

Sadly, no. Started out with a 110L about a year ago, now have a 110L, 64L and 540L, also looking to move house so i can get more lol

I started with a 5 gallon with a betta, I have 3 tanks now. I would really love to have a 60 gallon between my breakfast area and the foral dining room. Just have to convince my hubby!

I think it can if you buy the biggest tank you can possibly fit in your home. And research the heck out of any potential fish purchase.

Musing, as I pick over Ebay, looking at tanks and hyperventilating at the state of some of them.

I started with a 60l and 4 mollies, realising quickly that mollies = fry = no space.
So I got a 200l tank and thought more logically about fry - parental eating isn't enough. I split the boys and girls and just have to wait a year. And I told myself that would be plenty.

But the little voice in my head says: "There's a space there - you could get a nano in and have a Betta. Bettas eat fry" or "Do you really need that bookcase? You'd get a 150l in there. You could have tetras"

So, do I succumb and scratch the itch (logically I really shouldn't though could probably cope with one smaller tank) or is there a way to cure this? I suspect I know the answer ha ha!!
Well the answer is pick a new hobby...LOL like many people I started with just 1 now I have 6 and thinking about a 40 gal breeder....but hey sometimes you just have to scratch that itch.

Musing, as I pick over Ebay, looking at tanks and hyperventilating at the state of some of them.

I started with a 60l and 4 mollies, realising quickly that mollies = fry = no space.
So I got a 200l tank and thought more logically about fry - parental eating isn't enough. I split the boys and girls and just have to wait a year. And I told myself that would be plenty.

But the little voice in my head says: "There's a space there - you could get a nano in and have a Betta. Bettas eat fry" or "Do you really need that bookcase? You'd get a 150l in there. You could have tetras"

So, do I succumb and scratch the itch (logically I really shouldn't though could probably cope with one smaller tank) or is there a way to cure this? I suspect I know the answer ha ha!!
Clearly, I’m not the one to ask this question to! (There’s an additional 10g hospital tank in another room)

Attachments

• 96B2A23B-5C38-4F7D-AC66-3EEE8340A951.jpeg
    96B2A23B-5C38-4F7D-AC66-3EEE8340A951.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 53
A year ago I started with one tank but now have 8. I don’t have many fish but I am addicted to Bettas, so that’s a tank each and I don’t go for small tanks. I love breeding them. Be careful if you go for a Betta as they really are addictive!

My wife keeps me in check. We have room for more aquariums, but my wife would be too displeased the additions to make it enjoyable for me.

I regret to inform you that the condition is chronic. In my experience, it is also highly contagious.
Contagious is correct! I was the only one in the family with a tank of any kind, and then all of a sudden my sisters and mom and cousins all want fish too :lol:

It's in remission, after five tanks, but that's just because we ran out of room in the flat.

At the beginning, there are strong temptations for more tanks....
There are too many species of fish and invertebrates for you to choose...
Probably you can even start a fish store at some point...LOL
Avoid female fish if you don't want them to keep breeding especially for live bearers.

But when you get tired of the chores of changing water and cleaning the tank, filters, plants, you may start to lose interest...

I have to tell myself, "enough is enough"...
Now I cut down to only 3 tanks with what I like the best...
After trying out many species of fish(fish from South America, Africa, Central America, Asia, Australia, etc) and invertebrates, you will know which are the best fish and invertebrates.

Keep only those that you like the best.
Give away the rest...

My favourite now are:
1)Sulawesi shrimps - White socks
2)Panther crabs (also from Sulawesi)
3)Yellow back, Fire red and Super blue shrimps.
4)Rabbit snails.
All of these are low maintenance and very beautiful.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back