Can I Keep These Rabbits Together..?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Yeah it was not fun.  :\  Normally she's okay, but those dogs freak her out.  

I love the rabbit in your picture, by the way, is that your buck?  He's adorable! :)

Betta_Shark5678 said:
Yeah it was not fun.  :\  Normally she's okay, but those dogs freak her out.  

I love the rabbit in your picture, by the way, is that your buck?  He's adorable! :)
Thanks! And yeh he's my buck, my little house bunny, I'm thinking of entering him for pet of the month once I've been a member for 60 days (rules). What do ya think?

I had a phantom pregnancy once due to my dogs being too curious about the rabbit... always sucks to have that happen.

My bunny that had the one baby has killed it even though it was over a week old :( there was a thunderstorm and I have heard they can eat their babies if they are scared by thunder. It's so sad and disappointing! :'(

Is there any particular reason you're breeding rabbits, is it to sell the babies or? :) 
I'm just interested as my 2 bunnies are rescue rabbits, and there is a HUGE problem here in the UK with abandoned rabbits needing homes if you wanted more rabbits! :) 
One of my rescues is actually an angora x lionhead :)

annaw123 said:
Is there any particular reason you're breeding rabbits, is it to sell the babies or? :) 
I'm just interested as my 2 bunnies are rescue rabbits, and there is a HUGE problem here in the UK with abandoned rabbits needing homes if you wanted more rabbits! :) 
One of my rescues is actually an angora x lionhead :)
I do it every now and and then but not loads like some people. I have bred all my does because it's reduces their chances of developing cancer a LOT! I do NOT do it for the money, I just love the little baby bunnies :) there also aren't any problems in my area that I know of with abandoned bunnies but also I am not going to breed again, they are are my pets not little money makers! I haven't actually bred them that much, only 2 - 3 times each. And I think it's lovely that you have rescue rabbits, when I am older I want to open up my own pet shop and have rescued rabbits! :) thanks for the interest !

Oh I see :) Just so you know, 80% of does over the age of 2 years old will be developing uterine cancer, and the VERY best way to protect against that is by getting them spayed!! :) 
That way, there is no possible way for them to get the cancer. :) I had my 6 month old rescue bunny spayed last month, and when they removed her uterus it was already pre-cancerous, at 6 months of age! So spaying really is the best way to reduce their chances of getting cancer :)
That pet shop sounds like a dream!! :) x

annaw123 said:
Oh I see :) Just so you know, 80% of does over the age of 2 years old will be developing uterine cancer, and the VERY best way to protect against that is by getting them spayed!! :) 
That way, there is no possible way for them to get the cancer. :) I had my 6 month old rescue bunny spayed last month, and when they removed her uterus it was already pre-cancerous, at 6 months of age! So spaying really is the best way to reduce their chances of getting cancer :)
That pet shop sounds like a dream!! :) x
That's interesting, thanks a lot! :)

Most reactions

trending

Back