Can I Have A Bn Pleco?

tom_os

fish
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
1,483
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Devon, England
i have a 60l community set up with danios, phantom tetras and corydoras. also soon to have dwarf gouramis and a few apple snails.

could i have 1 BN, if so should i just get 1 or could i get 2? will they get aggressive towards the corydoras?

i have loads of plants and a cave.

thanks
 
Oh, sorry I did not realize. I just knew they can get uo too almost 6" and I figured a 60L/15 gallon would be too small. Also they produce a fair amount of waste, but ig you keep on top of the water changes they won't be a problem.
 
I wouldnt do it. Pleco's poop alot, needing a lot of BIO room, and they grow up to 6 inches, and you already have Cory's. I just wouldnt do it.
 
As you already have 6 Cories, it may be pushing it to add a BN to the bottom too.
Although you could get away with adding one to a 15G, 20G+ would be more suitable.
 
Hi tom_os :)

If you have the room, BN plecos and corys get along well. Even if the corys come over to nibble a piece of zucchini they are on, they just ignore them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top