Can I Feed My Fish:

AdAndrews.

New Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Points
0
i have what seems to be live bloodworm in my water butt in my garden, the butt has no fish in, will it be ok??
 
I would seriously advise not to my friend. They are not bloodworm, but are a worm of some sort, couldnt possibly tell you the name, as im not a gardener.. But i do know they are a parasite. You will end up having problems.. Your fish will end up having internal problems, which may not have symptoms. If thats the case, you wouldnt be able to treat them, which will result in loss of fish.. Your call mate, but i wouldnt. Dean
 
I would seriously advise not to my friend. They are not bloodworm, but are a worm of some sort, couldnt possibly tell you the name, as im not a gardener.. But i do know they are a parasite. You will end up having problems.. Your fish will end up having internal problems, which may not have symptoms. If thats the case, you wouldnt be able to treat them, which will result in loss of fish.. Your call mate, but i wouldnt. Dean
What makes you think they aren't bloodworm? :blink:

If they are bloodworm, then go for it. Probably lots of other goodies in there you can feed to the fish as well if you look :good:.
 
hell no

water butts contain many parasites that you shouldnt put in you fish tank ... just buy some
 
And how is a water butt going to have fish parasites in it?

I'd much prefer live food from a water butt than from those little bags with the horrible water in them. It's free and the waters cleaner.
 
just be careful its not dragonfly larve otherwise its fine tio feed your fish from a water butt ;)
 
This may be a dumb American question, but what's a water butt? :unsure:
 
Oh, thanks. Now I see. Then you can use it to water plants, etc. What a funny picture! :lol:
 
I would seriously advise not to my friend. They are not bloodworm, but are a worm of some sort, couldnt possibly tell you the name, as im not a gardener.. But i do know they are a parasite. You will end up having problems.. Your fish will end up having internal problems, which may not have symptoms. If thats the case, you wouldnt be able to treat them, which will result in loss of fish.. Your call mate, but i wouldnt. Dean
What makes you think they aren't bloodworm? :blink:

If they are bloodworm, then go for it. Probably lots of other goodies in there you can feed to the fish as well if you look :good:.
What makes me think they not bloodworm? Well for starters, if they were that easy and free to get hold of, everybody would be doing just that, and they wouldnt be worth anything in a lfs, also your lfs would see no point i
 
This may be a dumb American question, but what's a water butt? :unsure:

lol i was gonna ask this too

I personally woldn't just to be sure...id rater pay $5 for frozen blood worms than $15 on meds and have to worry about my fish more than necessary lol...just my opinion
 
Hi,

As a fish lover and a gardner, I would advise against you feeding them to your fish. The water in your butt is basically stagnent, I had a bird bath full of these little red worms, I left them to see what would happen, they turned into little gnat's. I have seen them in my pond before but the fish seemed to leave them alone, but as for aquarium fish, I wouldn't take the risk. Better to be safe than sorry. :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top