Can I Feed My Fish Earthworms?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I know they are... but it depends on the ground you pull them from. Do you use any (ANY) chemicals in your yard? If you don't I do not see a problem in plucking them out, giving a good rinse and chucking them in. I did it once before with an earthworm, but them I thought of the fertilizers that get used in it... and I stopped. Luckily, nothing happened :)

yeah, i got it from the unfertilized portion of the lawn under a pool tarp full of mosqito larvae, but are too small to catch for my fish to eat. ill tell u how it goes.

a female betttas grabbed it and was swinging it around like crazy, i took the worm out and cut ti up and a platy had some,a nd the bettas got the rest

nice, yeah ive heard that they are ok... just be careful! out only normal earthworms in, as some are (here in mexico) poisonous.

I use them, though I don’t like killing and cutting them up. I put them in a damp container with air holes for a day, the food in them passes through so they are cleaner. I wash them in a net I cut them up into bite size for the fish. The fish love them. I throw organic kitchen and garden scraps in a big flowerpot and the worms live off the food.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back