Can Heaters Burn Fish!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yep good heaters and with the cover they are safer for those fish that like to hang about around them.

Yes they can, one of our bn's had a really nasty burn, we almost lost him! heater guards are easy to make with a bit of pipe with drilled holes in :)

I feel like fish should be smart enough to feel the heat on the heater. If they feel the heat they wont be on there to long to be burnt.

I feel like fish should be smart enough to feel the heat on the heater. If they feel the heat they wont be on there to long to be burnt.

Not if you walk in the room, or past the tank, and they got startled, we know how they react, they fly around all over the tank running into everything :D

i personally dont have a guard as of yet because my heater is in between the wall of the tank and my filter (so my filter kind of acts like a guard) so there is no real reason why a spoked fish would get in the gap. When the filter is replaced by my soon to be new external filter i will be getting a cover. Easily made. just a piece of pipe slightly bigger then you heater with lots of holes in it for free flow of water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back