Can Anyone Id The Filters Please? (some Sort Of Ehiem?)

Spishkey

Spishkeys Turtle Rescue
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
2,000
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Belgium
just looking for some opinions on a tank (well two really) ive bid on, guy has accepted my bid of €50 (about £45?) but now looking closer at the pic i dont know if ive bid too much. it says the filters are ehiem but they look very old, can anyone id what kind of ehiems they are from the pic? and will they be any good for that tank?

[URL="http://www.kapaza.be/detail/18620065/"]http://www.kapaza.be/detail/18620065/[/URL]
 
They look like they are the classic range to me, but I dont know what the pump is on the top of the one on the left, it doesnt look right. The smallest ones I have seen for sale new at about £50 upto about £85 for the bigger ones. I had a similar sort of canister filter (not ehiem though) on the plec tank, but now using it on the turtle tank and it does a brill job considering it seems to small.

The smallest is the 2213 with filters upto 250l output 440l/hr
next one up is the 2215 upto 350l output 620l/hr
the largest is the 2217 upto 600l output 100l/hr

Hope this helps.
 
The smallest is the 2213 with filters upto 250l output 440l/hr
next one up is the 2215 upto 350l output 620l/hr
the largest is the 2217 upto 600l output 100l/hr

Its none of the modern classics, or any of the other eheim filters still in production,
By the looks of them I'd say they could be easily over 10 years old

Can you e-mail the seller and find out what model number they are?
 
I don't think any are true classics unless their really old. The smaller one I think would be a 2213 as the 2211 had a small stand and was narrow.

The larger one looks like a 2217 but as I said none have the "classic" range heads (that I've seen before)....
 
i am a little worried now i should have offered less. meant to be picking the aquariums up tomorrow :(

and what are the strange pump things on the actual filters??
 
Thats the filter pumps themselves, they just look like really old school eheims before the pumps were shrunk and covered in plastic casings for aesthetics. Either that or they're uprated/non original equipment affairs.
 
Have to agree.
They look very old.
as above they don't match anything currently in production unless the top unit is somewhere else and their just resting the other possible air pumps on it.
 
I would say no but at the same time newer filters are more efficient when it comes to the process.

I would sugest upgrading the filters to a newer version.
 
well i got the pumps, only the bigger one is a true eheim and works like a dream, the smaller one doesnt work at all so am rather miffed off!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top