Can anyone help my silver dollar its sitting at the bottom of tank not moving its alive but not swimming

karmagal

Reaction score
Can anyone help me
My silver dollar is sitting on the bottom of tank not moving but is alive what can it be
16022809209537170182625771050461.jpg

Anyone know silver dollars?
Welcome by the way. I’m virtually a beginner so no use to you whatsoever but best of luck.

You could try inputting Silver Dollars in the search function top rightish of the screen. It’ll bring up nigh on 20 yrs of Silver Dollar related questions, answers, debates etc. Maybe something helpful will be there.

How large is his tank and has he any mates. He looks like he could be an older fish any idea of age?

My brain is working overtime. Has he had a fright by any chance. Silver dollars are quite flighty and can scare easily

You need to start with your water, have you tested it for ammonia or nitrites? When did you do a water change? I would do a 75% water change to start with to flush the systems. I have had a few silver dollars a long time ago and I think they tend to be sensitive to water chemistry . Did you dechlorinate your water the last time you did a water change?They are also very sensitive to chlorine.

Are you sure that’s a silver dollar? From the way the picture looks it looks kinda like a small pacu or peranha. I also have to agree it does look like a older fish.

test your water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for 2 weeks and see how it goes.
make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Most reactions

Back