Can anyone help me to identify

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Floridapierce78

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello. I just became a new owner of 2 rift lake cichlids. Someone called and said they just got them but cannot keep them so i took them in.
I have 2 young yellow labs, (haps) and want to make sure I can put them together.

Do you have pics? Sure someone here will know.

Yay! I’m unable to ID, but Colin T or Gary E will know

They both look like peacocks to me. They also look bloated (especially the second one). They’ll probably be fine with your yellow labs as the labs will probably be slightly more aggressive than them. Having two might not be enough to disperse their aggression

They both look like peacocks to me. They also look bloated (especially the second one). They’ll probably be fine with your yellow labs as the labs will probably be slightly more aggressive than them. Having two might not be enough to disperse their aggression
We have been feeding them vibra bites and micro wafers. And cichlid flakes. Is this wrong?

Oh by the way. We had then with a Albina strawberry peacock. In a 50 gal. The dog knocked a lamp into the side and what a mess. The 36 gal bowdeint they are in us temporary. They are going I'm a 60 gal tall tank.

Peacock cichlids (Aulonocara species). The grey one is female, the blue one is male. They come from Lake Malawi and so do electric yellow cichlids and do fine together. They need water with lots of minerals and the GH should be around 300ppm and the pH around 7.6-8.0.

The peacocks are predators and like meat based diets.
The electric yellows need more plant based diets.

Most reactions

Back