Can algae eaters starve to death?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nothing wrong with wild caught? If anything they are the healthiest compared to the inbreeding within domestic fish

I object morally. I believe that its wrong to over harvest fish in the wild. Plus the otos aren't treated very well. I now breed some of my own fish when I can and prefer to buy domesticated fish. I don't like depriving the wild. Don't get me wrong I am not an animal rights activist by and length but I do think we should preserve and not over hunt fish

Wild caught is starting to move into a seasonal thing which make fish stores carry a mix of both generally summer is wild and winter's are domestic. Unfortunately theres never going to be a lesser evil, but buying locally from breeders who try to reverse the inbreeding is the most expensive route. Really it's a pick your poison situation that most fish keepers really dont know about they just roll up to a store buy 6 goldfish and 10g and call it a day. Your not wrong at all though I just personally prefer healthier fish that are caught in the wild but I'm into a lot of fish that are difficult to breed though I'm giving it a whirl for them to see if you can reliably breed them

Kale and cucumbers!

Wild caught is starting to move into a seasonal thing which make fish stores carry a mix of both generally summer is wild and winter's are domestic. Unfortunately theres never going to be a lesser evil, but buying locally from breeders who try to reverse the inbreeding is the most expensive route. Really it's a pick your poison situation that most fish keepers really dont know about they just roll up to a store buy 6 goldfish and 10g and call it a day. Your not wrong at all though I just personally prefer healthier fish that are caught in the wild but I'm into a lot of fish that are difficult to breed though I'm giving it a whirl for them to see if you can reliably breed them

I see where you are coming from. Maybe when I get older I will attempt to breed otos and then start my own business selling non inbred healthy otos

Purebred otos can sell for quite a lot. Especially a breeding pair. I see nothing wrong with harvesting wild fish, as long as it is metered . (Don’t over harvest)

Purebred otos can sell for quite a lot. Especially a breeding pair. I see nothing wrong with harvesting wild fish, as long as it is metered . (Don’t over harvest)

Thats the point, we don't know if they are metering it or not. They could say they are but they are actually over harvesting. I am slightly mistrustful of the aquarium fish trade

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back