Camallanus worms!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AUSSIEFISHKEEPING

Reaction score
I have some guppies who have camallanus worms they have been treated with blue planet fluke and tapeworm tablets 24 hours ago but my partner misread the label and did an 25% water change after 24 instead of 48 hours what should I do should I redose them or leave them?

I have some guppies who have camallanus worms they have been treated with blue planet fluke and tapeworm tablets 24 hours ago but my partner misread the label and did an 25% water change after 24 instead of 48 hours what should I do should I redose them or leave them?
What is the main ingredient of your medication?

How do you know that is what your fish have.

You can do a water change and gravel clean the substrate 24-48 hours after treatment. The worms die within a few hours of the medication being added.

However, I think the blue planet worm and fluke tabs contain Praziquantel and that only treats flat/ tapeworm and does not treat thread round worms like Camallanus or Capillaria. You want Levamisole or Flubendazole to treat round worms.

You can do a water change and gravel clean the substrate 24-48 hours after treatment. The worms die within a few hours of the medication being added.

However, I think the blue planet worm and fluke tabs contain Praziquantel and that only treats flat/ tapeworm and does not treat thread round worms like Camallanus or Capillaria. You want Levamisole or Flubendazole to treat round worms.
Or Piperazine. If you can get hold of Waterlife Sterazin, that’s about the best treatment for Camallanus.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back