Calling all Plecos.....

Rocky998

Gudgeon Man/Fry Lord
Reaction score
Most of the entries are not going to win. What's important is to participate! Sometimes the background story can help get votes. And a nice clear picture also helps. More entries make the contest more interesting....just ENTER!
"Most" by that you mean all but one 🤣

OP
OP
Fishmanic

Fishmanic

King of the Jungle
Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
They're freaky and ugly and I hate them!
Plecos are little monsters of the deep…I find my 2 Bristenose Plecos interesting to watch and they add to the fishkeeping experience. Each one has scoped out their own territory on opposite ends of my 29 gallon tank.

Last edited:

jaylach

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Sigh, with having a course gravel substrate I can't see adding a pleco but I love the things. I LOVE the armored appearance and they are actually armored with bone plates. Even a common pleco with tail and dorsal fully extended they are glorious.

They also need a little respect as they have been around for 75-100 million years. Just totally amazing critters!

OP
OP
Fishmanic

Fishmanic

King of the Jungle
Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Interesting facts: (from answer.com)
The average healthy common pleco can live up to 30 years, but others (such as the bristlenose pleco) only live up to about 12 years

wasmewasntit

Resident Plant Killer
Reaction score
I might "try" and take a photo of a BN....however there is a very real danger of that "one" being photobombed by around 20 or so others......

Being inundated with babies is no fun, they move way too fast to catch. I sat watching my BN horde, they range from 1" long to around 2.5" long and all scarily healthy, already rehomed around 50+ of the damned things, including the parents. My substrate is moving...literally moving with baby BN's.

biofish

Fishaholic
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
If I can find them then I might enter 😂

But I haven’t seen one of them in at least a month so… don’t think he’s very photogenic.

But I got a baby almost-albino bristlenose who never ever sleeps. I really gotta google if bristlenose are nocturnal or not. Bc if they are then my albino is a terrifying force of nature who never ever rests and might be running on spite. He’s just a vroom vroom lawnmower. Very photogenic this one.

Most reactions