Buying Fish From 2 Different Places

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

marieukxx

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Is it ok to buy fish from two different places in one day? How many fish is it ok to add at once?

Healthy and active fish from shops where you do not see any problems in any tanks, yes. Depends on the set-up.

Yeah I'm not sure about going to pets at home. I'm checking out another place near me today just wondered if it's ok.

i always find maidenhead aquatics very good, have a look on their website to see if there's one nearby :)

P@H is usually not amongst the shops we consider to be good.

P@H is usually not amongst the shops we consider to be good.

:lol:
That's very diplomatic way of putting it!

I'd say it's worth a look though; you never know, your local one might be good; some are.

i always find maidenhead aquatics very good, have a look on their website to see if there's one nearby :)

Yeah that's where I've been and love it there. Went to a local place today too and it was rotten. Stinking and dirty

I've never had a problem buying fish from different shops in the same day, I try to do that if I'm wanting a few fish of the same species just because if there is any chance of breeding there (should) be less chance of dificulties with fry whereas if they were from the same shop they could be from the same family.

Well it turns out the only decent place near me is Maidenhead Aquatics. I won't go to pets at home for fish. I went to an aquatics place yesterday in a garden centre and OMG it was awful. It was this dank dark room floor to ceiling with tanks that were stinking and dity. the water was dank and cloudy. It was roasting hot in there. There were a load of empty all cracked stinking tanks with stgnent water in them. Was awful.

How many fish you can add depends on your tank size and stocking levels. Asuming your tank is fully cycled you should add fish a few at a time and then wait a few weeks before adding more to allow the bacteria to grow to match your bio load.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back