Bumblebee Goby's

Dan-izzle

New Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Lincolnshire, England
Im looking to get a couple of these soon but I want another type of fish aswell, what are the best ones to put with them?

I believe the bumbles are ones who prefer the lower part of the tank so would like something that will like the higher water areas
 
Im looking to get a couple of these soon but I want another type of fish aswell, what are the best ones to put with them?

I believe the bumbles are ones who prefer the lower part of the tank so would like something that will like the higher water areas
they will hop around all over the place but do tend to stay lower in the tank - the trick is to find tank mates that don't eat them :crazy: you will want more than two though - they are tiny

Seffie x

:fish:
 
You might consider halfbeaks.
I am preparing myself for an bbg-aquarium myself and i am looking for info on keeping Oryzias javanicus in a brackish tank, since they seem to occur in brackish water (at least, according to fishbase). But no-one seems to keep that species (although i found a supplier who offers them).
Remember that this is book-knowledge and not real-life experience......
 
Platys work well... they're very gentle, mostly top dwellers and they're okay with brackish water as well. Just make sure you can get food to the gobies past them.
 
actually my bbg's swim and rest in all parts of the tank mainly rest at the top on the glass, they like blood worms as a snack.
 
I have a swarm of 9 bbg's in a metre long tank with 2 F8 puffers and they are as happy as anything! I love to watch them and find it fascinating that they can cling onto plain glass with no worries whatsoever! :D
 
i got 3 bbs in a fresh water community tank with - pitbull plecs , wcminnows , neons , glass catfish , humpback limias , shrimps and snails

very healthy but you need to make sure they are getting food - i found they prefer live/frozen bloodworms , blackworms , daphnia , BBS and eating cherry shrimplets - mine will eat flakes if i make the flakes swim around the tank
 
Yeah, that's the only problem with BBGs... they are extremely picky eaters. Mine would only eat frozen bloodworm, and even then, it was only certain ones. So he was slow at getting to the food, so make sure that whatever other fish you put with it won't gobble up all the food before the bbg can get to it.
They're such great little fish though with big personalities. The grumpy faces are the best!
 
I would recommend only buying ones you can see first. Make sure they are bright of eye and have nice white bellies. No fin nips if possible and as fat as poss too.

Where do you live?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top