Bullying?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

ShakySnake

Reaction score
Hi there,
Im abit concerned about one of my Black Moors, I have 2 of them, and one seems to be being bullied by the other... eg. rammed into the side, (bitten?)...
Also Ive noticed that a fin at the back is bent. I have no idea of their genders, is this mating behaviour? :blink:
Thanks,
Snake

I dont have any experience with black moors but in other fish this is usually a sign of displaying dominance. It may be 2 males in the tank and one wants to rule the roost. Also this may happen if there is a fair size difference some big fish like to pick on the little guys :crazy: :angry: and somtimes it can happen if one is sick. You may not realize it is sick but the other fish does. do you have a way of separating the two for a while? HTH and good luck. :)

Yes, the bully is quite abit bigger...
No way of seperating em... :-(
Also I got a filter a few days ago, and since then they have been alot more active and eating more (anyone know why?). Ive just changed some of the water and wiped algae off the sides and now the filter is making more vibrations, the whole tank is vibrating. I'm worried it might make them sick so I turned it off, I also turn it off when I feed them cause they spit it out sometimes and the food goes in the filter... :/
Am I doing everything correctly?
Cheers again.

The cleaning and the water change is great but dont turn off the filter. It will help keep the water clean and is meant to suck up the excess food and other particles in your water. HTH :)

The vibrations may also settle down once the filter medium gets a little clogged.

Dont worry about the vibrations making the fish sick.

Most reactions

Back