Bullying Molly?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

-FighterFishh

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Sorry to post this twice, but I thought that I would probably get more replies here :)

In my 64L tank, I have a temporary stocking of 2 mollies, 3 platies (+ a lot of platy fry), 3 swordtails, and 9 endlers.
I have been moving around 2 fish at a time from my biOrb to this tank to work out some stocking issues, and will be moving more soon.
In the last week, I've noticed one of my mollies (my bigger one) has been chasing the other molly and also both grown platies, but not my grown swordtail, both swordtail babies or the baby platy, all of whom she was moved into the tank with.
Is she chasing the molly and platies to try and assert her dominance in this tank? Would that also be why she isn't chasing those she was moved up with?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

A large molly will often express her dominance by chasing other adult fish. It is not usually a problem but on occasion it can become a problem. If she backs off and merely chases other fish that are near he, I would not worry much about it. If she starts swimming the length of the tank just to attack another fish, I would start thinking about separating her.

yeah, oldman is spot on. She'll be trying to sort the pecking order out. Let them get on with it but if she is relentlessly persuing and does actual damage seperate her.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back