Bullying in my tank

🐠 The poll is open for the February TOTM! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

dumbeginner123

Reaction score
So recently I have noticed that 2 of my panda mollies are bullying another molly.They will go out of their way to chase her and I have no idea why this is happening.The bullying started about 2 days ago,before then then they were perfectly fine but all of a sudden they just wouldnt leave her alone.Does anyone know what is wrong

connorlindeman

The Past Master
3x Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
So recently I have noticed that 2 of my panda mollies are bullying another molly.They will go out of their way to chase her and I have no idea why this is happening.The bullying started about 2 days ago,before then then they were perfectly fine but all of a sudden they just wouldnt leave her alone.Does anyone know what is wrong
Do you know if the bullies are male? Could you post a picture of the bullies and the bullied?

OP
OP
D

dumbeginner123

Reaction score
Sadly I cannot,Im writing this from my commputer since my parenys took my phone for no reason and refuse to give it back.The commputer has a camera but its pretty grainy

joeyr188

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
There is a possibility that they are trying to mate

connorlindeman

The Past Master
3x Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Sadly I cannot,Im writing this from my commputer since my parenys took my phone for no reason and refuse to give it back.The commputer has a camera but its pretty grainy
Hmmm. You can attempt to ID them yourself using this diagram.
1670188892172.png

Maingano

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have mollies and the males chase the females relentlessly. Its not really bullying. Bullying normally happens between 2 males if females are scarse. But with ur description of 2 going after 1, it seems like they're trying to mate.

connorlindeman

The Past Master
3x Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I have mollies and the males chase the females relentlessly. Its not really bullying. Bullying normally happens between 2 males if females are scarse. But with ur description of 2 going after 1, it seems like they're trying to mate.
If there are more males than females, there could be trouble. 2 males relentlessly going after 1 female will really stress the female.

joeyr188

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was just now able to check and it looks like the bullies are male and female and that the bullied is male
I mean you could separate them but there Is high chance there are trying to breed livebearers breed pretty much every chance they

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well, there are enough options given to you. I would try them if I were you. Yes, try to check first what their genders are.

Most reactions

trending