Bullies in my Biorb

sallyavory

Reaction score
My Biorb has been quite successful for a number of months now, with an average of ten fish,(neon tetra, black phantom tetra,stripey fish (see below), and guppies). Just this week, I have lost a guppy, replaced it, (changed water etc), lost two more, and now lost two neon tetras. I have had two zebra striped lively fish (stripes running head to tail-horizontal in other words) in there for about ten weeks, but they do seem to more aggresive now than at first-could this be the problem? I don't want to replace any until I can work out what is wrong. My water test comes out ok, and there are plants to hide behind.

Sounds like Zebra Danios .. my new ones zip around very fast. I've wondred if thay could stress my other fish .. also they like to hag around the surface .. maybee they are confused in an orb ? :whistle:

How many danios? If kept in a small number they become aggressive. Also, what the heck is a bioorb? Any pics? How many gallons?

Hi, thanks for Danio advice, and by the way the Biorb is 30 litres or 6.5 gallons (UK), and I have attached a photo.

Attachments

• biorb_4.jpg
    biorb_4.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 28
Danios of any kind should not be kept in those horror chambers :no:
Even the biggest bi-orb is not big enough for danios :no:

If i were you i would get rid of the dannios and get some different fish. Dunno what, but not danios if they are going to bully other fish.

Most reactions

Back