Bubbles

scooterchick

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
628
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Glasgow, Scotland
So last night I set up a fry tank, I've got the landscaping done (I know it doesn't need to be elaborate for fry but I'm planning on keeping them here til they're young adults), stabilised the temperateure, added salt, only thing to do now is remove chlorine and add the filter which is bubbling away in the adult tank, then of course go fishing for the fry. However there's loads of bubbles in fry tank, will these disappear when I add the filter and can I sweep my hand across them to get rid? Or will they come back?
 
The bubbles are natural and will almost always happen with newly set up tanks...They will go away on their own in 24 hours or so, or...You can wipe them off the ornaments/sides. However you do not want to put a fish into these conditions as the airbubbles can cause pop-eye. If you wiped most of the bubbles off though, you should be fine.
 
i had tonnes in my biorb, and come to think of it all of the other tanks too ????????? i just wiped the ones i could reach off with my finger and the rest with the magnet cleaner ( it worked for me lol)

its nice to see you making a big effort for the babies,i bet they will love it when they get in there :):):)


and plz add some pics when they have been moved, i for one would love to see them in their new home :)

shelagh xxxx
 

Most reactions

Back
Top