Bubbles Coming From My Plants.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mattwhite

Reaction score
Hi all,

Its been ages since I posted on this site so I hope everyone is doing ok. i hope you all had a good christmas.

My 80litre community aquarium is exactly one year old today. I cant beleive a year has passed already.

Over the last few days there has been streams of bubbles coming from some of my plants, particularly my crypts. the bubbles are really small but there is loads of them. They seem to come from one point only and from only one leaf. When it happens it lasts for a couple of hours. I also noticed it happening on one of my vallis plants.

What dos this mean?

Thanks

Matt

That's good. It's called pearling, and it means your plants are very healthy! :good:

Yep, your watching photosynthesis taking place, they are oxygen bubbles. Your obviously taking great care of your plants :good: .

I noticed this happening over the weekend too. I also have bubbles on the surfaces of my plants. Is this from the plants or from algae on the leaves?

Karl

Yeah this is called pearling as I read it from some threads, my plants also pearl a lot and I did enjoy seeing this. :)

I have read from a thread saying that if the bubbles are pearling from the upper part of the leaf it means the plant is not healthy or dying; while if it pearls from the lower part then it means the plant is doing well and very healthy. :)

what's your lighting, CO2 levels and do you add ferts? Do the bubbles appear after a water change?

It could be false-pearling if you dont have decent light levels and CO2. This happened to me at first and I was over the moon... until I realised it was because the tank was getting cooler qickly due to the water change! Was still really smart though! :D

greg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back