Bubble Counter Exploded!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Livewire88

Team TetraTEC
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Returned home from work today to notice that my Co2 atomizer was not pumping out any Co2, had a check round and noticed that my Bubble counter has exploded!!

A month or so ago an Atomizer exploded on me so my luck is not to good with my Co2 equipment at the moment! I am running 2bar so this shouldnt of happend realy :crazy:

P1010299.jpg

I asked the missus if she heard any bangs and she said she did but didnt know what it was, it went around the time the Co2 turns on so the tank has been wothout Co2 all day :sad: some leaves on some plants have allready started to go see through!!!

Fingers crossed they wont get any worse, I have removed the buble counter and just joined the CO2 pipe at the return valve so should be ok till the new bubble counter arrives. Quite surprised of the damage it has done to the plants allready.

Just goes to show how much the plants love Co2 even with low lighting.

the plants shouldn't be affected after just one day...are you sure this didn't happen before?

100% sure, I spend about 30 mins everyday watching everything in the tank. As soon as I realised the Co2 was not running I looked at the plants and some leaves on my ludwiga, amazon sword and the taller plant behind the bog wood (camt remembet the name) have turned bad at the ends. I can even see a very small amount of algea on the glass, I know it was not there yesterday!!

Also I still dose Excel daily, may all just be coincidence.

Agreed that plants should not be effected in just one day. I would recommend a glass bubble counter for the replacement. Though 2 bar is fine for a running pressure realize that pressure is not usually 2 bar after the needle valve. The diffuser/atomizer often determines that pressure.

I like the brass/glass bubble counters. Any reason you chose the one you did? {out of curiosity and new to co2}

Agreed that plants should not be effected in just one day. I would recommend a glass bubble counter for the replacement. Though 2 bar is fine for a running pressure realize that pressure is not usually 2 bar after the needle valve. The diffuser/atomizer often determines that pressure.

I will assume it is just a coincidence then :good:

I like the brass/glass bubble counters. Any reason you chose the one you did? {out of curiosity and new to co2}

I did start with a glass bubble counter but found it a pain in the *** filling with water also I broke a glass one way valve so ended up buying this one, to tell the truth I wouldnt fancy cleaning up if the glass one exploded :crazy:

yeah with your track record.... I do hate filling the thing. Mine was out of water this morning.

yeah with your track record.... I do hate filling the thing. Mine was out of water this morning.

lol I have not got the lightest touch of all time thats for sure, you should see me try and plant plants in the substrate :S god knows how im gonna plant HC when I get hold of some :blink:

Most reactions

Back