Brown Spots On The Substrate..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chiara

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a little planted tank home of two lovely angel fish and a weather loach. Since few weeks brown patches of something started to appear on the substrate and on the glass. It looks like it is spreading and now great part of the substrate (originally blue gravel) is covered with this brown-greenish stuff is it algae? Does it harm the fish? How do I fight it? Would an alghae eater help? It is really frustrating as it makes my tank look messy, please help!!

If its diatoms an otto or two would soon hoover it up :) they take about a day to clean one of my tanks.

Sam

Hi there,
I have a little planted tank home of two lovely angel fish and a weather loach. Since few weeks brown patches of something started to appear on the substrate and on the glass. It looks like it is spreading and now great part of the substrate (originally blue gravel) is covered with this brown-greenish stuff is it algae? Does it harm the fish? How do I fight it? Would an alghae eater help? It is really frustrating as it makes my tank look messy, please help!!

What is the size of your aquarium and how long has it been setup? Diatoms are frequent in newer setups.

llj

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back