brown frog?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

emma12321

fish nerd
Reaction score
Hi,

My LFS has some frogs in stock at the minute, they have 2 types in the same tank one of which is definately the albino african clawed frog and is over an inch long. The other is a tiny little thing which they have listed as brown frogs (helpful i know) these are under an inch and have very thin legs. Looking at african dwarf frogs on google they all look quite chubby so could they just be starving as they are in with the ACFs or could they be a different species altogether? They come on their list as brown frogs and he said they were completely aquatic. Anyone have any ideas?

Emma

If ADF's aren't getting much to eat their legs will be skinny, and they won't be that cute chubby ADF's that you see online.
Edit- And check to see if their front fingers are webbed. If they are then they're ADF's if not they're ACF's.

It's definately a ADF it has little webbed feet. I only got one as it was the last one left so at the minute it is in a 2.5 gallon on it's own. If i see them again i'll get it a friend. I bought some frozen blood worms to feed it, roughly how many worms and how often should they be fed? I'm off to do a google search now but any personal experience is welcome. Also what other foods are suitable?

Emma

hey,
I feed my frogs these stapled pill shaped ones. you break them into 4 pieces and feed it a piece every other day or so. They don't eat that much, but they are bottomfeeders so I would invest in those stapled ones. It will go to the bottom of the tank. Mine also eat bloodworms but it took them a while to get the hang that they have to swim up!

Most reactions

Back