Brown algae?!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Fishmomva

Reaction score
Hi - Iā€™m having trouble with brown algae! I upgraded my tank about 3 weeks ago, keeping old filter media and a little gravel from my previously cycled tank. Iā€™ve been testing my water regularly and itā€™s perfect. We keep the light on for about 12 hours a day. I have shrimp, Corys and Rasboras. What can I do to stop this stuff?!

Thanks!

Hi - Iā€™m having trouble with brown algae! I upgraded my tank about 3 weeks ago, keeping old filter media and a little gravel from my previously cycled tank. Iā€™ve been testing my water regularly and itā€™s perfect. We keep the light on for about 12 hours a day. I have shrimp, Corys and Rasboras. What can I do to stop this stuff?!

Thanks!
Your lights are on too long and are probably too bright. Get a LED dimmer, and have them on for about 9 or 10 hours tops. It can be hard to find the right balance. If the shrimp aren't eating it it's probably cyanobacteria.

I just got a new nerite that cleaned every leaf within a week of brown algae, I have another nerite that only eats algae off glass so a couple of them make a nice tank addition, they also donā€™t breed which is handy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back