methical

Reaction score
i just lost my bristlenose catfish :(

water parameters were right and stable PH was 7.2 at last checking

ammonnia 0 nitrite 0

just did a water change

i have no idea why she died

i'm assuming that it died of starvation :(

Sorry to hear about that. What makes you think it starved to death? Didn't you feed it with veggies or algae wafers? Bristlenoses will quickly finish off the algae in a tank and they need regular feeding the same as your other fish.

because yeah i think it ran outta food coz i thought it could eat fish flakes my mistake being a newb and all :(

but now i know how to take care of it so when i get another one hopefully i will treat it right

its going in my new 30 gallon tank after i cycle it :)

such a fish addict now :p hehe

Yes, sorry to hear about the loss of your fish.

BTW, how long have you had this tank running? Will you be moving your current fish into the 30 gallon? If so, introduce the neon tetras the last. Probably wait after the tank is well established after 2 months. The reason I ask is Neon tetras are sensitive to water conditions, ammonia & nitrites.

For your future BN, you can feed algae wafers, blanched zuchini, and also frozen peas (skinned). The peas help in the fishes digestion. The other fish will enjoy the peas and zuchini as well.

nah i won't be moving them they are staying at their home
this tank has been running for about 1 1/2 - 2 months and the neons look healthy, playful and they are eating and everything so no hassles

in my new tank i will decide what to put in it after i cycle it

any suggestions on good fish suitable for 30g btw ??

There's alot of choices for a 30 gallon. Just whatever your preference is. Just keep in mind the normal stocking guide is about 1" of fish for every 1 gallon of water, which I would like to add, applies to fish under 3". For larger fish, they should be stocked at 1" of fish for every (at the most) 5 gallons of water. This is due to larger fish producing more waste, requires more swimming room, and usually a bit more aggressive.

Most reactions

Back