Bristlenose Babies

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yep they are definitely mature. What are your water parameters like? When was the last time you did a water change?
I do 2 ever week and I did one yesterday I feed them algae wafers green beans and zucchini

I feed mine flake food, its Ginger brand, about 35% protein. I had to move the female to another tank. Male and the babies are in with a couple of guppies, plenty of hideouts

I feed mine flake food, its Ginger brand, about 35% protein. I had to move the female to another tank. Male and the babies are in with a couple of guppies, plenty of hideouts
yeah, do feed them flake food but not much anyway I've seen them eating some when the guppy's miss them.

Mine are healthy and breeding. I do not want to risk introducing disease with live foods

How do you get your bristlenose to breed im have 130 gal and I have caves just not breeding please tell me. And to get the eggs to hatch you need the male to fan the eggs to keep fungus of the eggs and if he’s not fanning them put them in egg tumblers
If you do a very large water change in your tank you will often encourage breeding amongst your fish. I'm talking like 80 to 90%. Although my bristle nose was very happy to breed as often as he could, regardless of water conditions or water changes.

Mine are healthy and breeding. I do not want to risk introducing disease with live foods
You don't need to worry about introducing disease from live food such as brine shrimp. BP fry require live foods to be raised, but they will grow lower (like all fish)
I do 2 ever week and I did one yesterday I feed them algae wafers green beans and zucchini
Do add cool water? If you want to trigger these fish, do a 50%-80% COOL water change, as this will trick them into thinking it's breeding season. Make sure you include some protein in your diet. Whilst these fish are mostly herbivores, they still need protein in their diet, so they should be fed frozen bloodworms or high protein flake. Condition the fish for breeding by feeding them frequently for a week and then perform a water change.

Have you tested your water?What are the results like?
Do you have any driftwood in the tank?
How big are the caves compared to plecos?

You don't need to worry about introducing disease from live food such as brine shrimp. BP fry require live foods to be raised, but they will grow lower (like all fish)

Do add cool water? If you want to trigger these fish, do a 50%-80% COOL water change, as this will trick them into thinking it's breeding season. Make sure you include some protein in your diet. Whilst these fish are mostly herbivores, they still need protein in their diet, so they should be fed frozen bloodworms or high protein flake. Condition the fish for breeding by feeding them frequently for a week and then perform a water change.

Yeah I’ll do that my water is normally all good my ph is around 7.6 my pictures aren’t uploading for some reason I’ll show you the caves soon

No baby BN do not "require" live food. It can't hurt but they do just great on a Zucchini diet. They are herbivores after all and too much protein can harm them.

The bristlenose have breed now and he kicked them out last night it’s his first spawn some of them look fertilised some don’t here’s video
image.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back