Brine Shrimp

rocknurworld2006

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Aberdeen
what is the easy way of growing brine shrimp to larger??
what do you feed them etc and what wud i need?
 
They are filter feeders and require tiny foods and take awhile to grow. You can buy foods for sea monkeys for them since that what the popular instant sea monkeys are. But in my opinion they die easily and need clean water with good movement.
 
its basically so i can feed bigger fish them ie tetras, adult angelfish.
as they dont see the baby brineshrimp
 
so if i hatched out sea monkeys and fed them with the sea monkey food u buy etc, can then i feed these to my fish or not??+ :crazy:
 
Do any of the local fish stores sell them live? When I had my Marine tank I use to just buy 3 portions of them and keep them in a 10 gallon tank with lots of circlation and feed them the same filter food as I feed my tube worms. They seemed to last about 2 weeks that way and I'd just scoop some up rinse them off and feed the tank. I didn't know How I could filter the water but I'm sure if I did they might have lasted longer.
 
Do any of the local fish stores sell them live? When I had my Marine tank I use to just buy 3 portions of them and keep them in a 10 gallon tank with lots of circlation and feed them the same filter food as I feed my tube worms. They seemed to last about 2 weeks that way and I'd just scoop some up rinse them off and feed the tank. I didn't know How I could filter the water but I'm sure if I did they might have lasted longer.

no fish shops sell live foods near me.
 
I used to raise my own brine shimp but unless you have a lot of time and patience on your hands its not worth it. Either get live brine shrimp from your LFS or buy frozen. I have raised fish on both live and frozen and haven't been able to see a difference in color, growth, etc.
 
I'm pretty sure they are not harmful to feed to your fish but you can always just buy the brine shrimp eggs at the fish store since they are far cheaper the Sea monkey ones. And just buy the food for sea monkeys or a filter feeder type food.
 
There are several brands of frozen brine shrimp that you could use. I use a Hikari product that is brine shrimp with spirulina mixed together.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top