Honeythorn
Sugar coating and nicely nicely? I don't think so
I bought a couple of bags of Daphnia when I went to the LFS, and fed most of them to the fish. But I kept about 1/2 a bag back as I suddenly decided I wanted to try and culture some more if possible.
I looked at a few sites, and have set up a 3 ltr ( 1 gal ) tub on the windowsill . It's just over a quarter full of used tankwater,with a dribble of gravel and a couple of seashells on the bottom ( one site said they liked quite hard water )
I also have a plastic tub on the windowsill full of green water from my aunts pond, with some bits of dying aquarium plant I pulled out of another tank to rot down and help the algae. I've been feeding them this for the past 3-4 days. I also have a cup of yeast which is frothing like mad, and have dripped a couple of drops of that in as well.
I seem to have a fair few babies now, very very tiny, and after another look at some sites, have set up a second batch in a clean old coffee jar with some babies and a few adults from the main tub, as they say that if one culture dies you always have a spare one.
Am I doing things correctly so far? Does anyone else breed Daphnia who could maybe give me a few tips or corrections?
I looked at a few sites, and have set up a 3 ltr ( 1 gal ) tub on the windowsill . It's just over a quarter full of used tankwater,with a dribble of gravel and a couple of seashells on the bottom ( one site said they liked quite hard water )
I also have a plastic tub on the windowsill full of green water from my aunts pond, with some bits of dying aquarium plant I pulled out of another tank to rot down and help the algae. I've been feeding them this for the past 3-4 days. I also have a cup of yeast which is frothing like mad, and have dripped a couple of drops of that in as well.
I seem to have a fair few babies now, very very tiny, and after another look at some sites, have set up a second batch in a clean old coffee jar with some babies and a few adults from the main tub, as they say that if one culture dies you always have a spare one.
Am I doing things correctly so far? Does anyone else breed Daphnia who could maybe give me a few tips or corrections?
/www.caudata.org/daphnia/






